It is absolutely critical that your website be designed with the search engines and user experience in mind. SEO-friendly web design has numerous components, all of which add up to a site that is attractive to both search engines and people.
If you have worked with a web designer in the past, you may think that your web design is SEO-friendly but are you sure?
Your site may look great, but looks aren’t what counts when your goal is to be properly appreciated by the search engines and found by the people who want what you’ve got.
When it comes to SEO-friendly and high converting web design, there is so much to consider beyond a designers flashy portfolio. We totally understand it can be even a bit depressing but it’s worth the effort to do it right the first time.
If I had a penny for every company that comes to me after the third web design company that promised an SEO friendly site and failed, I would be rich. One company we know paid 600k each for two non-SEO and non-mobile friendly sites and then went out of business.
Our team of digital marketing experts has the knowledge and experience to create an optimized site architecture, visuals that not only look good but are SEO compliant, and a map of content development that covers your bases where keywords and more importantly topics are concerned.
Wondering what goes into SEO-friendly web design that coverts leads to customers?
Here’s just a sample of what we optimize and look for!
- Short URL’s, which rank better and are more memorable, shareable and link worthy
- Keywords used sparingly in URLs that are part of a detailed SEO strategy
- Targeted content to match key phrase and topical authority concepts
- Pillar and cluster pages not just short and sweet content that everyone thinks people want but doesn’t rank well
- No duplicate content
- No thin – weak content
- High quality user experience to decrease bounce rate
- Healthy text to HTML ratio
- Add multimedia like video and podcasts to increase the number of pages visited and time on site
- Clear calls to action not just addressing the bottom of the funnel (purchase stage) where only 5% of visitors are
- Fast load time as per Google’s mobile tool and GTmetrix etc.
- Clean, valid code, ADA compliant code
- Scripts in external files
- Proper use of H1 and H2 tags for structuring concepts
- Limited HTML file size
- Optimized Images
- Use of a CDN – content delivery network
- Alt text for images
- Internal text links instead of image links
- No frames or flash
- Limit rotating graphics that make people anxious and are hard to read
- Proper site redirect architecture with 301 redirects
- No hidden text and other potentially deceptive (“black hat”) practices
- No splash pages that “welcome you” to the site and destroy rankings
- No query strings in URLs where possible
- Use of robots.txt to disallow /tags etc.
SEO-Friendly Web Design as Brand Message Enhancement
The experts at McDougall Interactive have over two decades of design and development experience, and can serve in an advisory role when you’re ready to maximize your online visibility by performing an SEO audit and creating a SEO-friendly web design strategy. We can design and build your site or guide your web design company in enhancing your brand, not just the look of your site.
Since 1995, McDougall Interactive has built hundreds of websites, and we’ve continually adapted to the changes in digital marketing along the way.
Give John McDougall a buzz at 978-750-8000, drop us an email or download our e-books and know we are happy to talk to you when you’re ready.
McDougall Interactive Understands SEO-Friendly Web Design
Since 1995, McDougall Interactive has built thousands of websites, and we’ve continually adapted to a dynamic Internet along the way. Today’s Internet is as distinct from yesterday’s Internet as it will be from tomorrow’s, so our SEO-friendly web design strategy is always changing to meet the needs of both the clients we serve and their online audience.