- Claim and optimize your Google ‘My Business’ profile
- Get reviews on Google, and on Yelp and other places as well
- Get listed in only high-quality local directories
- Make sure your name, address, and phone number (NAP) are consistent across the web
- Optimize your site for local keywords, including city and state
- Build trust and authority to your site with quality backlinks, including local links from sites like the Chamber of Commerce in your area
- Interact with people and engage them by answering questions on your site and Google ‘My Business’ profile
Traditional SEO factors, like blogging and having a powerful, error-free website, are also going to play a part in why Google will list you when people search locally.
Having one agency that understands how local search engine optimization fits in with your content marketing, social media, and other activities is ideal.