The Social Media Marketing Strategy and Solution
McDougall Interactive created and managed a Facebook-based social media promotion. The promotion asked GolfEtail’s new and existing Facebook fans to pick the winner of the Masters Tournament for a chance to win a free Bushnell V2 Slope Edition Long Ranger Viewfinder.
We marketed the promotion in the following ways:
- A targeted and evaluated email blast sent out to GolfEtail’s existing email subscribers.
- Daily announcements and links to the Facebook contest entry tab across all social media channels highlighting the ongoing Masters action.
- A clickable homepage banner on GolfEtail.com to funnel people to the Facebook page.
- Facebook ads targeting users who “liked” the Masters with a total spend of $54.22.
- Ongoing monitoring across social channels to respond to questions and comments and to maintain momentum.
- Regular Twitter updates during the duration of the campaign to build enthusiasm and point people toward the Facebook page.
- Creation of a promotion-specific Facebook landing page (known as fan-gating).
- Creation and distribution of a follow-up press release.