BankFive needed some initial SEO while reserving a larger budget for the online only bank we made for them. So, we initiated this small project to get things moving in the right direction.
At the end of our initial six-month contract with BankFive, optimization changes were made on 32 pages of the website, text was written and added to two key “online banking” pages, 6 new location pages were created to help increase visibility for town-specific searches.
Google Analytics was installed and initial goal tracking was implemented. Also, the monthly ranking reports showed that of 276 keywords checked in Google, the BankFive website was initially only ranking in the top 50 for just one of those (“bank certificates of deposit Massachusetts” at #39).
After six months, BankFive was ranking for 87 different keywords, 48 of them on the first page.
Some of the first things that began ranking:
|“business banking Massachusetts”||#3|
|“free business checking MA”||#1|
|“business checking MA”||#2|
|“IRA account Massachusetts”||#3|
|“online banking Massachusetts”||#5|
Google Analytics also shows an almost 62% increase in search engine traffic during this time period.
Sample of Tasks Complete
- Keyword research
- Created & optimized 6 new branch location pages
- Optimized Title & Meta Tags on 32 pages
- Optimized text, alt tags, interlinking on 32 pages
- Wrote text for 2 pages – Personal Online Banking, Bill Pay
- Google Analytics set up
- Google Webmaster Tools set up, error reporting and fixes
- Robots.txt file created
- Sitemap created
- Ranking software set up, site submitted to DMOZ directory
- Social media survey & consulting
- Strategy & progress report
- Link building
- Reviewed banner ads, set up as goals in Analytics
- Google Analytics training session
- Monthly ranking reports
- Analytics & conversion report
Get more information about our bank marketing services.