Learn Video Marketing and YouTube Optimization Basics Fast
If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a video worth? A well-produced, well-written video that attracts viewers and makes you appear more credible and trustworthy is worth a lot.
The internet and social media have evolved. Social media is no longer messages back and forth. They include photos and videos because they’re what get attention. Websites shouldn’t be online brochures. They’re evolving to meet the wants and needs of those seeking more information or advice from your company.
Many website visitors prefer videos to blogs or articles. If you don’t meet their preferences, they’ll find another website that will.
Will Video Marketing Help Market Our Company?
If they are created and used correctly, yes.
Hubspot recently reported annual survey results by Wyzowl, an animated production company. The survey started in 2015 and charts video usage, spending, where they’re shown, and the opinions of consumers and video marketers. They found video marketing is growing in popularity and getting better results.
Marketers are more optimistic about video’s return on investment than at any point since 2015. They state videos are helping them improve website traffic, develop leads, and improve audience understanding.
Particular findings are:
- Nearly all marketers (92%) responded they get a good ROI on video content, up from 87% in 2022
- 91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. This is an all-time high and a significant increase from prior years
- 96% of marketers stated video is an ‘important part’ of their marketing strategy
- 87% of marketers believe video has a direct, positive impact on sales
- 96% of marketers stated videos help increase understanding of their product or service
The survey involved 528 respondents consisting of professional marketers and consumers. About 8% of them were Wyzowl customers.
What’s a Good Video?
A good video covers a topic of interest and keeps the viewer’s attention. Think about it from their perspective. What are:
- Common issues you and your company cover?
- Questions frequently asked by clients, customers, and prospects?
- Recent developments impacting those you help?
- Recent popular news stories that you can comment on.
Execution is just as important. Covering a significant issue won’t do you any good if how you do it turns off viewers. Here are things to consider:
- Break things down so viewers can understand them quickly. This isn’t a lecture or a continuing education class
- Go in a logical progression describing how in the topic you’re covering, one thing leads to another
- Use a decent quality camera and microphone. Iphone video can be very effective, especially if paired with the Rode VideoMicro mic. If more than one person’s speaking, you’ll need multiple mics and audio mixing equipment (which need not be expensive). People won’t watch a video if they don’t understand what’s said or strain the hear the speakers
- You can narrate a PowerPoint presentation and use it as a video. This gives viewers something to focus on other than your talking head. Make the slides simple and limit what’s on them
- Make the video a conversation with another person or client. Have questions and answers or an interesting give and take.
- You don’t need fancy visuals, but make it as visually interesting as possible. Don’t just record videos from your desk. If your company still has a library of books no one uses, convert it into a studio. If the weather’s good, shoot it outside
- Videos should be produced with mobile devices in mind since, for many, that’s how they use the internet
- The video should be captioned not only because of those who are hearing impaired but many viewers would rather read than hear what’s being said
How Long Should Videos and YouTube Videos Be?
An important trend is to keep videos short. Internet users have notoriously short attention spans. Cover the most important aspects in two to five minutes.
If it’s a complex topic, make a series of videos and occasionally one very long comprehensive video known as a guide. Even once a year a very long video can show off your depth of knowledge and act as link bait.
Google is favoring shorts (one minute or less) and they can spice up your channel but if you do a wide range of lengths people may not get in a routine of watching your videos. So, if you do more than occasional shorts or very long guides, move those to separate channels that maintain those lengths consistently.
What are the Basics of YouTube Optimization?
YouTube optimization is the process of fine-tuning your channel and its content to improve visibility, boost engagement, and improve performance on the platform. By focusing on essential optimization strategies, creators can improve their video rankings and reach a wider audience.
YouTube Optimization 101:
- Channel layout: Customize your channel homepage with an appealing banner, icon, trailer, and well-organized playlists and sections.
- Video quality: Produce visually appealing and high-quality audio.
- SEO: Optimize video titles, descriptions, and tags with relevant keywords.
- Audience retention: Analyze audience retention data and experiment with video formats and storytelling techniques.
- Interactive elements: Use end screens and cards to promote related content, playlists, or external links.
- Analytics: Monitor YouTube Analytics to gain insights into your channel’s performance and adjust your YouTube strategy
- Social sharing and collaboration: Promote your content on social media and collaborate with other creators.
- Stay updated: Follow YouTube’s best practices and adapt to algorithm changes and new features.
Check out more YouTube optimization tips.
How Should We Distribute Our Videos on Our Site?
Videos could be on your:
- Home page
- Landing pages
- Page devoted to videos
- Bio page of the attorney featured
- Page covering that service or product you’re addressing
They should be part of, or link from, your social media posts. LinkedIn is an excellent spot for videos to attract the attention of prospective clients and referral sources. YouTube has about 2.6 billion active users. Creating a channel can help you get part of that action.
Looking for Video Marketing Services to Improve Your SEO and Digital Marketing?
Videos are a powerful tool in your marketing toolbox, but you need to know how to use them correctly to get the desired results. If you have questions or want more effective SEO and digital marketing, call us at 877-623-4291 or book a consultation by using our online contact form.
You should also consider joining our coaching program at Talk Marketing Academy. Sign up for a free discover call here.
Leave a Comment!