Below are the top 8 changes in PR:
- Old PR is for journalists only.
- New PR is for the masses as well as journalists.
- In 2002, Google News took headlines from thousands of news and distribution sites and then in 2004 Yahoo! News created a whole new era of online PR.
- Now, press releases show up in the search results and can drive huge volumes of traffic.
- Over 50,000 press releases are issued each month, so journalists have little time to spare for your release.
- Blogger and social media connections are a big part of the new Rolodex for journalists and marketers.
- Content created by you and your agency plays a big part in getting media coverage.
- Press releases and blog/media site referrals can now be tracked to see which ones send you leads and conversions.
What changes have you seen recently in PR?