It’s easy to loose track on what’s really important in the web marketing world, but taking a look at the top 13 things to keep in mind about social media marketing will help regain your focus again.
- People do business with people they know, like, and trust.
- It is trackable all the way through purchases and leads.
- It requires personable, memorable, and useful content.
- Listening and sharing are key elements (not broadcasting).
- People love to be first finders and share, so take advantage of that.
- Stop worrying about social media hurting your brand through negative comments.
- Negative comments are an opportunity to share solutions and win over customers.
- Leverage user-generated content.
- There are well over a billion active users of social media, and that number is growing fast.
- Social media is about creating trust and getting customers to believe in you. (Hint: Engage people who will engage others.)
- Don’t get so lost in calculating ROI that the Risk of Inaction makes you lose money and brand equity.
- Social media can help you grow a huge list of potential customers to email and nurture.
- Social media buttons on your site make it easier to spread and promote your content.
Build Your List—It’s Everything
The DailyCandy site was basically a list and sold for $125 million. Groupon is just a list of people who want deals, and it is the fastest-growing company of all time! Not the fastest-growing in the web space, the fastest period. Even Google, one of the other fastest-growth companies, is envious of Facebook and its “list” of customers. The new Internet is not just search but share. Share with your lists and keep them engaged.