Having an amazing website doesn’t count for much if no one can find it! Would it surprise you to know that search engines now account for more leads than radio and Yellow Page listings combined? While paid search – the ads that appear at the top and right of actual search results – can get your brand in front of eyeballs, search engine optimization and organic search is the way to go if you want long-lasting results and a higher ROI.
Anyone who’s ever used the Internet to find information – and who hasn’t by now? – knows how many sites are out there and how tempting it is to never go past that first page of search results. Prospective customers aren’t any different. They don’t have time to sift through hundreds of results until they find what they want, which means that your website better be one of the first websites they see.
With experience optimizing hundreds of websites, McDougall Interactive can make that happen.
Pioneers in the Shifting Field of SEO and Placement Services
Our company and our strategies have evolved alongside the Internet over nearly two decades, which means that we are experts of adaptation. As the nature of search changes, so do we because staying on the tip of the tech mountain is what allows us to keep our clients top ranked. Our expertise lets us take the guess work out of search engine marketing for our clients.
McDougall Interactive search engine optimization and placement services include:
By performing a critical analysis of your needs and researching your competitors, we’ll help get you the top search engine listings that put you in front of your customers. We don’t wait until your site is up to think about search results – our multifaceted background lets us design and develop with SEO in mind, guaranteeing that your site will interface efficiently with search engines right out of the gate.
Did you know that having external links to your website helps your search engine ranking? Our expert linkbuildingteam will identify external links to your site by researching appropriate websites and directories. Then we’ll implement those links, ensuring that your site is perceived by the search engines as being as popular as possible.
Key Phrase Placement
McDougall Interactive’s SEO specialists can help you get your site ranking in the top ten by utilizing important key phrases – a vital component of search engine marketing. We spend a great deal of time up front researching the exact key phrases that increase our clients’ online visibility using advanced keyword discovery tools to analyze how people are using search engines to get what they want.
Search engine optimization is an ongoing process that requires a certain amount of on-site upkeep, which is why we offer deep one-on-one instruction in search engine and web maintenance to our clients. We can give you the tools you need to do basic updates and content development. With our help, your business can adapt alongside the Internet just like we do.
Step-by-Step Search Engine Optimization with McDougall Interactive
We treat search engine optimization as a process that begins with an analysis of our clients’ websites to determine what, if any, site work needs to be done in advance of our efforts. Sometimes websites that look beautiful can have structural or content-related barriers that need to be addressed before complete optimization can take place. That’s why our seasoned team of Internet marketing authorities includes dedicated programmers and writers. Our marketing strategies are holistic because we recognize that design and content both play important roles in search engine optimization.
The mainstay of our client work is one-on-one discussion and education. For example, we can guide your in-house writers and programmers in a consultancy capacity or we can be hired to make advanced programming adjustments and write original copy. In either case, we are here to give you the tools you need to rank highly in the search engines and that means we don’t hold information back. The more we communicate with you and your team, the more you will get out of your partnership with us.
Here are some of our search engine optimization services:
Initial Site and Target Audience Analysis
- Discussions with client / Q&A about the site, target audience, business etc.
- Site audience analysis
- Initial site analysis including link-popularity & search engine saturation analysis
Search Engine Friendliness Analysis:
- Site design analysis
- Site architecture analysis
- Site directory structure analysis
- Site filenames analysis
- Site navigation analysis
- Site HTML & scripts code analysis
- Site content analysis
Competition and Ranking Gap Analysis:
- Initial pre-optimization site ranking report
- Competitor ranking analysis
- Competitor PR analysis
- Competitor link-backs analysis
- Competitor site search engine saturation analysis
- Competitor site SEO levels analysis
SEO Copywriting / Copy Optimization:
- SEO copywriting for existing content of the site
- Copywriting and optimization of Meta tags, Alt text, and Title Attributes
- Anchor text copy optimization
Site Code Optimization
There are over 100 items to potentially address for search engine rankings and these can changes over time. We offer:
- Customized optimization of important pages
- Implementation of optimized filenames, image names & directory names.
- Creation and implementation of customized 404 Error Page
- Handling of older file name/directory names ’301 – Permanently Moved’ redirects
- Creation of a search engine friendly site map
- Creation of optimized text-based navigation of the site
- Optimizing inter-linking within the web pages of the site
- Controlling content headings through optimized CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Addition of robots.txt file for excluded content
- Domain names and server analysis
Hand-Submissions to directories:
- Pre-selection of most appropriate site categories and submission text
- Hand-submissions to paid directories
- Submission to free trade-specific search engines, directories and yellow pages
- Monthly Detailed Ranking Reports: after first indexing of site across various search engines
- Evaluation of pre-optimization and post-optimization ranking, web stat, and visibility analysis
- Site and audience analysis report
- Final selected keyword phrase list with supporting research
- Pre-optimization ranking report
- SE friendliness current status report of problems
- SE friendliness deployment recommendations
- Competitor analysis
- Gap analysis and recommendation report
- Copywriting report
- Site optimization report
- Post-optimization ranking reports
What are the Basics of Search Engine Optimization?
Optimizing Titles and Descriptions
SEO is about more than sticking keyword phrases all over the place – when it’s done naturally and subtly, those key phrases increase not only ranks, but also click through rates. Attracting eyeballs is one thing, but helping conversions is another.
Copy (Text) Optimization
We edit your existing text to add keywords by marking up Word documents in red indicating suggested places where we would add keywords or modify the copy. You then either approve it or work with us to finalize the text changes before the copy goes live on your site. Need more text? Our senior writer and on site writing staff can assist you with content development.
Recommendations for Content Development
Content is king in the world of search marketing, and our content development services are second to none. We can develop a comprehensive custom plan of content integration that includes link building and social media.
Support for Programmers and Site Managers
It’s not uncommon for our programming team to discover weaknesses in our clients’ website code, so we recommend regular reviews of website architecture and code to be sure that optimization isn’t lost with site changes and that no unethical SEO is taking place.